Completely sustainable way to grow your own fresh, delicious, gourmet, oyster mushrooms at home. It’s ready to go and requires no green thumb at all. The ShroomBox makes for a perfect and rewarding gift for foodies, gardeners, local food enthusiasts, students, educators, families, and anyone wanting to live an eco-friendly lifestyle. Whether you’re looking for a simple introduction to urban farming, a fun family project with the kids, or a chance to grow the freshest homegrown mushrooms, the Shroombox makes it easy to grow while providing you with a delicious, and environmentally friendly product. We recommend most people to grow their mushrooms right on their kitchen counter, in a place that is out of direct sunlight. Any room with a window will also work, and also one that is free from drafts and major temperature changes.
- The ShroomBox is a fun, sustainable way to grow your own fresh, gourmet, oyster mushrooms at home with the first crop ready in less than 2 weeks. Simply open the box, mist twice a day, and your first flush of mushrooms will be ready to harvest in about 10 days.
- Each ready-to-grow mushroom box is easy to grow and requires no green thumb. It makes for a unique and gourmet gift for chefs and food lovers, an edible and educational project for kids and students, and a perfect introduction to urban farming. A glass misting bottle and complete instructions are included.
- Handcrafted in Toronto with and made with locally-sourced fair-trade, organic recycled coffee grounds. Our packaging is made with FSC-certified 100% recycled cardboard using vegetable inks for the printing. The inner liner is 100% recyclable and 5 trees are planted by our partner Eden Reforestation Projects for each box that is purchased + HuntingFear plants an Additional tree for every product we sell!
- Oyster mushrooms are rich in protein, dietary fibre, polysaccharides and anti-oxidants. They are low in fat and taste delicious whether used in soups, stews stir-fries, salads, sandwiches and more. With this DIY mushroom growing kit, you can enjoy the freshest oyster mushrooms, grown right at home.
- Keep out of direct sunlight and away from heaters and air conditioners. It can last for a month or two if left unopened in the box, but should be used sooner for faster results. We guarantee one crop with each kit, but it is very likely you will get 2 or 3 flushes of mushrooms. Once the mycelium has used up all the nutrients, it will stop producing and the inner substrate can then be used in your compost bin or as a soil conditioned in your garden